Sampling & Reconstruction
July 3, 2019
Sampling is one of many methods to perform signal analysis. Similar to other analysis methods, sampling takes measurements of a waveform at regular intervals and structures the measurements as a sequence of values. Sampling affects the behavior in the time- and frequency-domain and can introduce distortion.
This course covers the foundational theory for the mathematical operations of sampling and reconstruction.
In this course, you will learn:
- Waveform analysis using data sampling
- Identifying distortion introduced by sampling due to signal bandwidth, quantization, and DAC interpolation
- How sampling in the time domain affects the frequency domain
- Sampling at, under, or above the Nyquist frequency
- Recovering the original waveform from a sample sequence using interpolation
Enroll to track your progress and receive a completion certificate.