March 31, 2021
In addition to options for analyzing and editing data, ObserVIEW includes several advanced software licenses: Advanced Analyzer, Modal Testing, Order Analysis, and STAG.
With Advanced Analyzer, the user can perform actions such as:
- Create a peak hold PSD to estimate maximum energy input into a frequency bin
- Manipulate window functions to observe the effect on measurement
- Use Transfer Function vs. Frequency or Transfer Function vs. Phase and Coherence to observe resonances
- Create spectrogram to observe resonances, harmonics, and sinusoidal content
Multimedia Sync is a feature of the Advanced license. Users can also access a custom FIR filter and the following graphing functions for advanced analysis:
- Power Spectral Density
- Cross Spectral Density
- Transfer Function
- Time & Frequency Spectrogram
Modal analysis is used to help identify a structure’s response to excitation. In ObserVIEW, the Modal Testing software collects responses at each point of acquisition (called a degree of freedom), averages the responses at each DOF, and generates a smooth transfer function (frequency response function). From there, the data can be exported to a modal analysis software such as MEscope.
With Modal Testing, the user can perform actions such as:
- Manage table of hits per location and review hits
- Average multiple data recordings
- Calculate decay rate from transient ring-down events
- Manage the recording channel using a large, interactive display
Sine Tracking, Analysis and Generation (STAG)
STAG is designed to generate a shaker test for environments with dominant sinusoidal vibration that derives from a rotational component of the DUT. A random vibration test cannot properly replicate this type of environment because both the sine and random background vibration must be accounted for.
The more accurate option is a combination of sine tone profiles and a random test using Sine-on-Random. STAG generates and accelerates the sine tone profiles, extracts the order content, and then exports the remaining background random vibration to a new file.
STAG is a software exclusive Vibration Research. When combined with the FDS software in VibrationVIEW, STAG allows for the analysis, acceleration, and generation of vibration test reflective of the real world.
With STAG, the user can perform actions such as:
- Effectively analyze field data with dominant sinusoidal vibration
- Quantify noise and vibration in machinery with rotating components
- Develop tests and analyze data with software tailored for equipment with rotational components