Power On Complete System
February 13, 2020
After measuring noise with the amplifier powered on, check for noise related to the complete system.
- Set the gain to RESET and power off the system.
- Connect the drive cable from the controller output to the amplifier input.
- Power ON the amplifier and set the gain to 100%. At this point, the entire system should be operational.
- After 10 seconds, click the Save Data button and name the file “6 – Complete System.”
Sources of Noise
Any new noise sources are likely due to a ground loop passing through the controller via the drive cable.
To correct the ground loop effects:
- Power the controller from the amplifier courtesy outlet or the same power supply, if possible.
- If the amplifier has a differential input, use the differential output adapter cable and differential output mode on the I/O unit.
- Remove the ground pin from the controller power cable and connect a ground braid from the I/O unit’s chassis screw to the amplifier chassis.
For further assistance, submit the following information to email@example.com.
- Vibration Research controller serial number
- Manufacturer and description of shaker
- Manufacturer and description of amplifier
- Noise diagnosis data files
- A detailed description of any other troubleshooting